Sunday, August 7, 2011

Caramelized Sage

One of my favorite places to go on a saturday, when I'm at home, is the local farmers' market, and yesterday I got to make the trip. I came home with a bag filled with heirloom tomatoes big and small, sweet onions, creamy white eggplants, white peaches, and a big bunch of sage. Last week I had the good fortune to eat caramelized (ok, maybe just fried?) sage for the first time, and it was fabulous. I've been craving the taste ever since and decided to try to recreate the recipe.

Caramelized Sage:
18-24 fresh sage leaves + 2-3 tbsp butter + pinch of sea salt; Melt butter in a hot pan until sizzling, turn the heat down, throw in the sage, add the salt, and watch the leaves closely, turn them often, making sure they get crispy, but don't burn, about 5 mins. Remove from heat, set on paper towels to cool. Eat on just about anything savory or just eat them on their own.




No comments:

Post a Comment